London – FremantleMedia will launch a range of sensational new formats at MIPCOM 2014 that are set to provide buyers with even more original, creative and exciting ideas to thrill audiences around the world.
Rob Clark, Director of Global Entertainment said, “Our MIPCOM 2014 slate is incredibly strong and really delivers creative, original formats that have a proven ratings track record. I believe that we’ve got something for every broadcaster for both their prime-time and access schedules, l am very excited by the calibre of shows we have to offer and can’t wait for the market….bring it on.”
First off the block is high-octane entertainment format, Master Athletes, a development from FremantleMedia North America. This intense and ground breaking reality show is a visually stunning prime-time reality competition where 24 ultra fit members of the public, prepare themselves for a gruelling 10-week challenge. The athletes teamed in mixed sex pairs live, eat, sleep and train together in the Master Athletes Village where relationships develop, alliances are formed and the intense battle begins. To win, the teams must conquer 10 sporting disciplines. Each episode sees the athletes’ fitness and teamwork tested to the max as they take part in different events to qualify for the next round. The top teams from the first two events leap to the next episode while the two lowest placed teams compete in a final head to head duel for the last remaining qualification spot. As the competition heats up, only the strongest team can survive and claim victory. Master Athletes was the second highest rated show of the week in Sweden and it was Sweden’s highest rated new summer season launch since 2011. Produced by FremantleMedia Sweden for SVT, the Swedish version (Swedish title – Athlets) launched in August 2014.
Heaven or Hell, devised by FremantleMedia owned UFA Show & Factual, is a game of two halves. The hit gameshow launched this summer on ProSieben’s Pro.7 and became the channel’s highest rated new entertainment launch of the year so far having achieved Germany’s highest ratings of 2014 amongst the commercial target of 14-49 year olds.
Heaven or Hell is at times shocking, and devilishly different to other traditional gameshows. Heaven, a quiz set bathed in white lights, is a place where contestants attempt to win up to €50K by correctly answering a series of multiple choice questions. If they’re unsure of an answer, but wish to continue playing they have to descend into HELL, a fiery pit where they must successfully complete a Hellish and hilarious Jackass-style challenge.
Heaven or Hell
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 31 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 28 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 26 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020