World Screen to present inaugural Format Trendsetter Awards at MIPCOM
New York – World Screen is teaming with Reed MIDEM to present the first-ever Format Trendsetter Awards at MIPCOM, honouring executives for bold, innovative programming choices in format-based content.
The honourees for 2014 are Phil King, the president of CTV, sports and entertainment programming (Canada); Merrily Ross, the VP of formats at Viasat Broadcasting (Pan-Europe); Anette Romer, the head of acquisitions and formats at TV2 (Denmark); and Ran Tellem, the VP of programming at Keshet Broadcasting (Israel).
These executives will each receive a Format Trendsetter Award at the end of the Formats Superpanel — What Do Buyers Want? session at MIPCOM. Taking place at the Grand Auditorium in the Palais on Wednesday, October 15, at 3.30pm, this must-attend panel will see the honourees discussing their format acquisition strategies in conversation with Anna Carugati, World Screen’s group editorial director.
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Reed Exhibitions announces leadership change at Reed MIDEM 34 views | posted on September 29, 2020
- GoQuest Media signs international distribution rights for ‘Rats’ 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020