Ten Sports acquires rights for Capital One Cup and Sky Bet Football League
New Delhi – South Asia’s sports broadcaster Ten Sports Network has strengthened its football portfolio with the acquisition of two English football properties in the Capital One Cup and the Sky Bet Football League from sports media rights agency, MP & Silva.
Both events kick off this weekend, and the additions bolsters its already stellar line up of football content, which includes the UEFA Champions League & Europa League, Copa Del Rey, French League among others.
The Capital One Cup features participation from all Barclays Premier League sides including Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and current champions Manchester City. A total of 92 teams participate in this prestigious cup competition each year in an exciting knockout format with the finals being played at the Wembley stadium in London. Liverpool is the most successful team in this competition with a total of 8 titles while Manchester United & Chelsea have 4 titles each.
The Sky Bet Football League, has 72 clubs in all across 3 divisions – The Championship, League 1 & League 2. Each year 3 teams from the Championship get promoted to the Barclays Premier League and 3 teams from the BPL are relegated to the Championship. There is a fierce fan following for clubs in the football league, with many calling the Football League the true account of English Football as it has club representation from all parts of England. Ten Sports network will broadcast a total of 90 matches per season from the Football League.
Rajesh Sethi, CEO, Ten Sports said, “English Football is very well followed in the Indian Subcontinent and by acquiring these properties we will be showcasing all the best English football clubs contest in a more exciting knockout format in the Capital One Cup. With the Sky Bet Football League, we will be able to offer football fans in the Indian Subcontinent a different flavor of English Football. We are delighted to work closely with MP & Silva to build our content offering and grow our audience, and we thank the Football League for their support & look forward to invest in & build these competitions.”
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 97 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 79 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 67 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020