Dubai – Media Group International has completed a major infrastructure project for Sharjah TV by upgrading the broadcaster’s Avid storage system and redesigning its network infrastructure to enhance day to day operations.
Based in the United Arab Emirates, Sharjah TV celebrates its 25th anniversary this year and has marked this milestone with a switch to High Definition broadcasting. Over coming months the broadcaster will be enhancing its audiences’ viewing experience by offering HD coverage of a wide range of cultural events, all of which tie in with Sharjah’s current status as Islamic Cultural Capital of the Arab region for 2014.
At the heart of Sharjah TV’s HD switch was the Avid upgrade, which was needed to provide additional storage for current production work and to ensure that Sharjah TV was ready for the new format.
His Excellency Dr. Khalid Al Medfa, Director General of Sharjah Media Corporation, commented, “Sharjah TV is committed to technological developments and professionalism. This commitment enhances performance and maintains an approach that is consistent with the ambition of Sharjah in its quest to achieve leadership in various fields. There is no doubt that the transition to High Definition TV broadcast is an important step for Sharjah TV in providing modern and cutting edge coverage. The move sheds light on our unlimited support that will lead to advancements in the media sector and highlights our leadership in this field.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 77 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 39 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 35 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 34 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020