Luxembourg – Intelsat (NYSE: I) commemorates on August 20 its 50th anniversary of providing critical telecommunications and video content distribution infrastructure for businesses, organizations and governments around the world. In honour of its anniversary, the company created a video library featuring 50 interviews with contributors to the earliest days of the commercial space sector, as well as the business leaders responsible for today’s innovations. The video gallery also includes the stories of Intelsat’s customers and employees who have witnessed firsthand the vital role of satellite communications in connecting the world.
“I can think of no better way to honor Intelsat’s 50th year and those early pioneers of space than by looking to the future and the advances that are taking place in space-based communications that will transform how people, machines, and businesses connect to one another,” stated Dave McGlade, Chairman and CEO, Intelsat. “The advent of high throughput satellite technology, such as Intelsat Epic, and innovation occurring at all levels of our ecosystem will ensure that communities and businesses around the world have the information and content they need to progress and thrive. That was our mission in 1964 and remains critically important at Intelsat today as we endeavor to connect people of the world.”
The International Telecommunications Satellite Organization (INTELSAT) was established on the basis of agreements signed by governments and operating entities on August 20, 1964. Intelsat’s sole purpose was to provide the necessary communications infrastructure that would aid in the socioeconomic development of nations around the world.
Since then, Intelsat has played a crucial role in enabling the vast progression of telecommunications over the past half century. The company’s global satellite network has provided critical connectivity and content delivery that has transformed businesses, driven economic development and productivity and brought people together during global events.
Since Intelsat’s global satellite broadcast of Neil Armstrong’s walk on the moon in 1969, Intelsat’s satellites have allowed the world to share in real time some of modern history’s most historic moments and iconic entertainment events. As important, Intelsat has served as the critical link for news organizations and humanitarian workers by providing near-instant communications infrastructure during times of crisis.
50 years, 50 satellites, and millions of people connected by satellite communications, Intelsat remains the world’s leading provider of satellite communications. The company’s commitment to innovation, its customers and ensuring that businesses and people wherever they are around the world have access to content and connectivity that will enable them to thrive and grow continues to be at the core of Intelsat’s success.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 85 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 75 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 74 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Silvergate Media prepares to launch season two of award-winning animated series ‘Hilda’ 51 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020