Discovery Channel launches “FTFM Singapore” project
Singapore – In conjunction with Singapore’s 50-year milestone in 2015, Discovery Channel on August 14 launched the First Time Filmmakers (FTFM) Singapore documentary project, calling aspiring Singaporean filmmakers to submit original ideas that capture Singapore’s unique DNA and what makes the country tick. Themed “The Singapore Story”, the resulting documentaries will pay tribute to the enduring Singapore spirit, people, innovations, culture and history, and will premiere on Discovery Channel across the Asia-Pacific region next year.
FTFM Singapore project
An initiative of Discovery Channel, FTFM Singapore aims to provide local filmmakers with the opportunity to showcase their creativity and talent, and gain exposure and recognition on an international level through hands-on training and professional development from the channel’s award-winning producers. From the proposals received, 12 will be shortlisted. Finalists will be required to attend a three-day production workshop in Singapore in October, following which five filmmakers will be selected to produce a 30-minute documentary each – with full funding and production guidance from Discovery Channel.
- Ampverse and POPS Worldwide collaborate to create video gaming content series 73 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau 72 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- All-new episodes of Marquee TV shows back on air from 13th July on ZEE5 Global 60 views | posted on July 13, 2020
- CNN International announces Selina Wang as new Asia-based correspondent 38 views | posted on July 14, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020