New York, NY – AMC Networks announced on August 4 that it is rebranding its MGM Channel as “AMC”. The rebrand marks the first distribution outside of North America for AMC, one of the most popular and award-winning brands in television.
AMC will begin launching locally-versioned channel feeds on key cable and satellite platforms across Europe, Latin America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East later this year. Also accompanying these channels will be authenticated AMC VOD, HD and “TV Everywhere” services.
AMC Networks original series Halt & Catch Fire and The Divide, produced by AMC Studios, will be among the first original series to premiere on the channel internationally in an exclusive first TV window, this year. In addition to premiering original programming from AMC Networks’ own studios, AMC will also feature popular, acclaimed films from the world’s biggest film libraries, including MGM, Paramount and Sony.
Ed Carroll, AMC Networks COO, stated: “In recent years, AMC has re-defined dramatic storytelling on Pay-TV via its cinematic approach to original series, including The Walking
Dead, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad. It is our intention to replicate our successful U.S. strategy, extending the AMC brand worldwide and creating a broad pipeline for our original content.”
Bruce Tuchman, President AMC Global and Sundance Channel Global, said, “There is a huge appetite for AMC original programming abroad. That interest, coupled with our successful history of curating films from all the major studios to complement our original programming, gives us a great opportunity to make AMC Global a top-tier entertainment destination worldwide. We are confident AMC Global will be a valuable addition to our distribution partners’ platforms as we continue to work together to grow their business.”
As President AMC Global and Sundance Channel Global, Tuchman is responsible for the programming, marketing, business and strategic development of its global networks.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020