A+E Networks appoints new MD, International Content Sales & Partnerships
New York / London – A+E Networks announced on August 5 the appointment of industry veteran Joel Denton as Managing Director, International Content Sales & Partnerships. The announcement was made by Sean Cohan, Executive Vice President, International for A+E Networks, to whom he will report.
Based in London, Denton will manage A+E Networks’ content distribution and format licensing activities outside the U.S. Working with the company’s Regional Managing Directors in London and Singapore, he will oversee a sales staff based in New York, Los Angeles, London and Singapore. Denton is charged with developing and implementing sales strategies for A+E Networks’ 11,000+ hour library which features content from leading U.S. cable channels, A&E, HISTORY, Lifetime, H2, FYI and LMN. The A+E Networks catalogue comprises acclaimed factual and scripted content across a range of genres. Hit series from A+E Networks include Pawn Stars, The World Wars, Dance Moms, Duck Dynasty and a library of Lifetime Original Movies.
Denton will lead international scripted revenue, execution and partnerships. He will help facilitate international co-productions, pre-sales, and distribution for scripted series, mini-series and movies from A+E Networks. Among the scripted projects in development are the Lifetime series, Un-Real, from Executive Producer Marti Noxon, starring Shiri Appleby; the Lifetime Original Movie Whitney, marking the directorial debut of Angela Bassett; and the HISTORY mini-series, Sons of Liberty.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 204 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 55 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 39 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 38 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020