WOWOW announces management reorganisation and divisional realignment
Tokyo, Japan – WOWOW, Japanese premium pay TV broadcaster, announced on July 1 strategic changes relating to executive leadership roles within the company and divisional realignment designed to grow its business.
Under the new structure implemented by President Nobuya Wazaki, WOWOW’s production division will be run by Tetsuya Nasuno who, effective immediately, will oversee the various production sub-departments categorised into television, movies, sports, drama and music – and the various functions within each category (i.e. acquisitions, development, production, etc.).
The programming division, which includes WOWOW’s Los Angeles office, will now be overseen by veteran producer Eiji Omura. Kayo Washio heads the company’s L.A. office. To further enhance the programming of WOWOW Member’s on Demand, considered as the 4th Channel of WOWOW, a new Digital Content Development Department has been created and will operate within the company’s Programming Division.
Meanwhile, Akira Fujimori will now oversee WOWOW’s Corporate Strategy division; Hitoshi Yamamoto will continue to lead the Marketing Division; Masanori Gunji will continue to head the Sales Division; Masato Konishi continues to lead the Business & Entertainment Development Division; and Yoshiro Minezaki will run the Engineering Division.
Newly appointed Board members include Nobuyuki Otaka (Former GM of the Corporate Strategy Division) and Tsutomu Makino (Former GM of the Programming Division). They join current Board of Directors members Ichiro Yamazaki and Nobutsune Sakata.
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 42 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 40 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 38 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 38 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020