WOWOW announces management reorganisation and divisional realignment
Tokyo, Japan – WOWOW, Japanese premium pay TV broadcaster, announced on July 1 strategic changes relating to executive leadership roles within the company and divisional realignment designed to grow its business.
Under the new structure implemented by President Nobuya Wazaki, WOWOW’s production division will be run by Tetsuya Nasuno who, effective immediately, will oversee the various production sub-departments categorised into television, movies, sports, drama and music – and the various functions within each category (i.e. acquisitions, development, production, etc.).
The programming division, which includes WOWOW’s Los Angeles office, will now be overseen by veteran producer Eiji Omura. Kayo Washio heads the company’s L.A. office. To further enhance the programming of WOWOW Member’s on Demand, considered as the 4th Channel of WOWOW, a new Digital Content Development Department has been created and will operate within the company’s Programming Division.
Meanwhile, Akira Fujimori will now oversee WOWOW’s Corporate Strategy division; Hitoshi Yamamoto will continue to lead the Marketing Division; Masanori Gunji will continue to head the Sales Division; Masato Konishi continues to lead the Business & Entertainment Development Division; and Yoshiro Minezaki will run the Engineering Division.
Newly appointed Board members include Nobuyuki Otaka (Former GM of the Corporate Strategy Division) and Tsutomu Makino (Former GM of the Programming Division). They join current Board of Directors members Ichiro Yamazaki and Nobutsune Sakata.
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 81 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 73 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 44 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 35 views | posted on April 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020