BBC Worldwide sells first “Junior Bake Off” format to Thailand
Thailand – BBC Worldwide announced on July 21 the first global sale of the Junior Bake Off TV format to creative content production company, Content LAB, in Thailand. The series will be produced by Content LAB and will air on new digital terrestrial channel, NOW 26, in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Junior Bake Off builds on the success of popular BBC series The Great British Bake Off, and gives children between seven and 12, who love baking, the same opportunities as the adult version – the chance to become a champion while inspiring their peers to get baking themselves. The first series of Junior Bake Off was a success when it premiered in the UK in 2011, averaging over 280,000 viewers across its first-run episodes. It currently has two series under its belt.
“We are very pleased that Thailand, a key market for us in Asia, is the first country in the world to see a local Junior Bake Off on its screens. We are excited to bring this unique experience to our Thai viewers, and are confident of the success of Junior Bake Off Thailand,” said Monty Ghai, SVP and GM, South East Asia, BBC Worldwide, Asia.
“Junior Bake Off Thailand is one of our key programmes for our new digital TV channel: NOW 26. We are very excited to work with BBC Worldwide and are sure that viewers in Thailand will enjoy this series,” said Duangkamol Chotana, President of Nation Multi Media Group.
“We are very pleased that we are working with BBC Worldwide to produce a world class production of this internationally successful format. Gavin Wood, our Executive Producer at Content LAB will oversee the entire production of the series. He has a wealth of local and international experience. Together with all the expertise both from the BBC and from us working on this production, we are confident of delivering a world-class series that viewers will love,” Noppakorn Thongman, Managing Director of Content LAB, said. “BBC Worldwide has many proven formats and our future long term relationship with them will bring many more exciting shows to Thailand.”
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 65 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 49 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- VOOT launches interactivity for Colors fiction shows 33 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020