BBC World News announces new presenter for “Global”
BBC World News has announced on July 9 the new presenter for its flagship programme Global. Matthew Amroliwala joins the international news channel from the BBC’s UK service.
Amroliwala will take over from Jon Sopel who was appointed the BBC’s North America Editor in April. He will be on air from September.
Amroliwala joined the BBC in 1989. He is currently a lead presenter on the BBC News Channel and has previously worked as a foreign correspondent, a political correspondent and as a news reporter. He has covered many of the major news stories in the last two decades both at home and abroad. As a presenter he broadcast continuously for six hours on the day of the 7/7bombings in London while as a foreign correspondent he has reported from Bosnia, New York and Washington.
Amroliwala has also been at the forefront of the BBC’s UK political coverage on the News Channel having presented all the major set piece events of the Westminster political calendar such as the Budget and the Queen’s Speech, as well as covering the negotiations on the formation of the current coalition government.
He was nominated by the Television and Radio Industry Club as Reporter of the Year in 1993 for his reporting on the Troubles in Northern Ireland and went on to cover the IRA ceasefire in 1997 and the Good Friday Agreement.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020