BBC World News announces new presenter for “Global”
BBC World News has announced on July 9 the new presenter for its flagship programme Global. Matthew Amroliwala joins the international news channel from the BBC’s UK service.
Amroliwala will take over from Jon Sopel who was appointed the BBC’s North America Editor in April. He will be on air from September.
Amroliwala joined the BBC in 1989. He is currently a lead presenter on the BBC News Channel and has previously worked as a foreign correspondent, a political correspondent and as a news reporter. He has covered many of the major news stories in the last two decades both at home and abroad. As a presenter he broadcast continuously for six hours on the day of the 7/7bombings in London while as a foreign correspondent he has reported from Bosnia, New York and Washington.
Amroliwala has also been at the forefront of the BBC’s UK political coverage on the News Channel having presented all the major set piece events of the Westminster political calendar such as the Budget and the Queen’s Speech, as well as covering the negotiations on the formation of the current coalition government.
He was nominated by the Television and Radio Industry Club as Reporter of the Year in 1993 for his reporting on the Troubles in Northern Ireland and went on to cover the IRA ceasefire in 1997 and the Good Friday Agreement.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 48 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 47 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020