Astro On Demand now available for Astro Wah Lai Toi viewers
Kuala Lumpur – Astro Wah Lai Toi viewers on the Dynasty Pack will be able to enjoy the latest TVB dramas broadcast at the same time as in Hong Kong through Astro On Demand (AOD) channels at no additional cost, from July 11 onwards.
Choo Chi Han, Head of Chinese Customer Business at Astro said, “The Chinese customer segment is important to us. Having been in business for the past 17 years, we have a deep understanding of the changing market landscape and the needs of the consumers. To this end, Astro has been constantly looking to improve the value proposition for our customers from our content offering, packages to their viewing experience. Leveraging on the strength of our long-standing relationship with channel partners such as TVB, we are pleased to expand the content choices for our customers. We are delighted to enable Dynasty Pack customers on the Astro B.yond set top box to watch AOD channels which carries fresh TVB dramas at no additional charge. With this, more than half a million Chinese households will now be able to enjoy premium TVB dramas the same time as it debuts in Hong Kong.”
“With the inclusion of AOD channels, the new Dynasty Pack now delivers more punch – more value, greater choices and better quality at the same package of RM81.95 per month. Customers now get to enjoy the best of TVB dramas fresh from Hong Kong, in addition to our existing wide variety of TVB content including drama, infotainment, travelogue, variety show and live award presentation,” Choo added.
Sherman Lee, Controller of International Business Division of TVBI said, “TVB continues to produce high quality content for Malaysian viewers. We are pleased that TVB content, especially the drama series have been well-received by Astro Wah Lai Toi viewers for many years. We will allocate more resources to shoot TVB drama in overseas countries in the future, and of course, Malaysia is one of our key destinations. Continuous support from Astro customers will definitely encourage TVB to produce more content in Malaysia.”
Astro On Demand
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 102 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 63 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020