Passion secures international sales with “Ghost Adventures”
Passion Distribution continues to find success with long-running paranormal series Ghost Adventures (Season 1 – 9: 131 x 60’ + 1 x 90’ & Aftershock: 13 x 60’). The London-based distributor has sold the hit series into 112 countries and recently launched Season 9 from global lifestyle media leader Scripps Networks International.
Foxtel (Australia) and UKTV (UK channel Really) are among the broadcasters to license the latest season (Season 9: 13 x 60’) after successfully running previous seasons. Passion has also closed a landmark deal with RTL CBS Asia who has licensed all seasons and specials of the show, totalling 144.5 hours, for its feed into 23 countries across Asia. Other recent licensing deals include: FOKUS (Poland) Seasons 5-8, Planete (France) Season 6, TV4 (Denmark) Season 7, and AtresMedia (Spain) Season 8.
Ghost Adventures is produced by My Tupelo Entertainment for Travel Channel in the U.S.; the show follows Zak Bagans, Nick Groff, and Aaron Goodwin as they investigate the most notorious and haunted places in the world. The trio interview eyewitnesses and historians at each location, arming themselves with the stories of the ghosts they later provoke and confront during their dusk-to-dawn lockdowns. Then they review and analyse their findings with some of the most respected experts and specialists in the paranormal field.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 51 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 51 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 47 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 47 views | posted on January 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020