Key to reliable and profitable broadband is software-based management
Singapore and Redwood City, California – Profitable broadband that is fast and reliable is achievable for Asian operators across the region simply by the use of software-based management. That was a key point made on June 19 at CommunicAsia by ASSIA Chairman and CEO Dr. John M. Cioffi. Addressing the conference, Dr. Cioffi, widely acknowledged across the telecoms world as the father of DSL technology, also unveiled a vision of the future where 1Gbps performance is achieved with current technologies, hardware and standards.
Dr. Cioffi outlined the conflict between what the customer wants in terms of content, always-on capability and support, against what is possible in terms of investment. He showed how Vectored VDSL can be implemented and can co- exist with legacy systems, before revealing his three-step roadmap to achieve true Vectored VDSL.
This roadmap involves upgrading the network to enable the prediction of vectored rates and identify maintenance where needed; upgrading customers while ensuring promises can be kept; supporting co-existence with legacy lines and enabling customer self-install; and, improving customer service by tracking performance, mitigating residual noise sources and proactively diagnosing line faults.
All this is achievable with management software and Dr. Cioffi supported this with figures from UK regulatory body OFCOM, showing how triple play provider Sky, an ASSIA customer, has reduced customer complaints by as much as 50 percent compared to other UK carriers.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 45 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020