Los Angeles – Shrek, Puss in Boots and the Kung Fu Panda himself join YouTube’s talent roster of A-list vloggers with the launch of DreamWorksTV on June 16, an original content destination for families on YouTube with the promise of delivering dreams and laughs on every screen.
DreamWorksTV combines DreamWorks Animation’s expertise as a global family entertainment brand with the digital savvy of AwesomenessTV, the fastest growing online destination for teens, which DreamWorks acquired a year ago.
DreamWorksTV will showcase original live-action and animated short-form content that is laugh-out-loud funny, featuring fresh new voices and iconic characters. Series highlights include family-friendly versions of reality TV (Prank My Parents, Record Setter Kids), original animated web series from top creators (Jimmy Blue Shorts, Gorillaville and Report Card) as well as vlog posts from DreamWorks’ stable of fan favourite characters. Richie Rich, an original scripted series based on the iconic comic book character, will also make its debut this summer.
The ambitious effort will be overseen by AwesomenessTV founder Brian Robbins with a team assembled for DreamWorksTV.
“We’re tapping into the invaluable knowledge that Brian has amassed from his success with AwesomenessTV to create a unique, short-form, laugh-out-loud mobile experience for families,” said DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg. “This is a huge opportunity for the DreamWorks brand.”
“DreamWorksTV is committed to delivering original content, from scripted live-action series based on great characters like Richie Rich, to fresh new animated characters like Jimmy Blue Shorts to vlogs and other short-form content featuring the much beloved Shrek, Po and Puss in Boots,” said Robbins. “We are combining the DreamWorks brand with lessons learned from AwesomenessTV to create content that will be embraced by families everywhere.”
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 177 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 111 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 101 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 41 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020