ABS-CBN maintains its TV ratings leading streak
ABS-CBN sustained its nationwide leadership by having the most number of Philippine TV households watching its shows the whole day. The country’s largest multimedia conglomerate hit an average audience share of 44%, or 11 points higher than GMA’s 33%, based on Kantar Media.
Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,609 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population, while the other ratings data supplier AGB Nielsen reportedly has only 1,980 homes based solely in urban areas that represent only 57% of the Philippine TV viewing population.
ABS-CBN maintained its winning streak on primetime (6pm-12 midnight), enjoying a three-point increase from the average audience share of 47% in April to 51% in May, a whopping 21-point lead over GMA’s 30%.
The primetime block is the most important part of the day when most Filipinos watch TV and advertisers put a larger chunk of their investment in to reach more consumers effectively.
The Twitter-trending singing-reality show The Voice Kids topped the list of the top ten most watched programmes in May and hit an average national TV rating of 34.1%. Its pilot episode on May 24 garnered a national TV rating of 33.3%, or almost thrice the 11.9% rating of GMA’s Vampire Ang Daddy Ko on the same day.
The Voice Kids
ABS-CBN swept all the spots on the top ten list, which also includes Dyesebel (30.6%), “Ikaw Lamang” (30.5%), Maalaala Mo Kaya (28.6%), Wansapanataym (26.3%), The Legal Wife (26%), TV Patrol (25.6%), Rated K (22.3%), Mirabella (20%), and Bet On Your Baby (19.5%) and Home Sweetie Home (19.5%).
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 50 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020