Hong Kong – Sony Pictures Television (SPT) announced on May 6 that it has concluded a deal with pay-TV platform TrueVisions to bring its popular, health-focused, multi-topic magazine talk show format The Dr. Oz Show to audiences across Thailand.
TrueVisions will produce at least 60 episodes of the one-hour series to air daily in primetime on True Explore 3 and also later this year on a new DTT channel called True 4 U.
“Thailand is emerging as Southeast Asia’s next hot market and there is an increasing appetite for U.S. movies, series and formats that target upwardly-mobile young adults. SPT has a successful track record of delivering a variety of programming and formats like The Dr. Oz Show that appeal to this key demographic,” said Ken Lo, senior vice president, distribution for Southeast Asia, China and South Korea for SPT.
“Following the show’s huge popularity in the U.S. and recent success in Indonesia, we believe the time is right to bring The Dr. Oz Show to Thailand. We look forward to working with Sony Pictures Television to create an informative, uplifting and cutting-edge talk show that will educate and entertain our viewers and encourage them to live happy and healthy lives,” said Attaphon Na Bangxang, Chief Programme & Content Officer of True Visions.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 43 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020