Primeworks Studios and TV Man Union co-production to air in June
Petaling Jaya – Bread, Sweat and Tears, a human interest documentary co-produced by Media Prima’s production arm, Primeworks Studios, and Japanese production house, TV Man Union is set to air on Japanese television station Fuji Television’s non-fiction programme belt on June 22. This marks the first international collaboration undertaken by Fuji Television in producing non-fiction content.
The one-hour programme follows the ups and downs of entrepreneur Akihisa Haraguchi and his childhood friend Iku Nakayama in running their Japanese-style bakery in Johor Bahru. As Nakayama is able to communicate solely in Japanese, he is faced with the ultimate language barrier when trying to train his Malaysian staff members. The documentary also sheds light on the differences in working styles between the Japanese and Malaysians, and the entrepreneurs’ determined attempts to overcome these differences.
The documentary will also be broadcast in Malaysia later this year as a special episode on Majalah 3, a magazine-documentary series that has been aired since 1985 on TV3 Malaysia.Ooi Beng Cheang, Malaysian Co-Producer of the documentary, shared, “I believe the topic of overcoming cultural barriers to succeed will be well-received as it is a universal theme. Malaysia has seen the rise of Japanese culture in Malaysia and often wonder about the secret to Japan’s economic success. Through this story, viewers will be able to find the answers to this question as the main Japanese and Malaysian characters interact with each other to make their bakery successful.”
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 95 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 77 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 63 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Sky TV’s entertainment streaming service, Neon, introduces a revamped platform powered by Evergent 41 views | posted on December 1, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020