PGS Entertainment secures licensing deals for “Ladybug”
Paris – PGS Entertainment has recently closed licensing deals for the animated series Ladybug (26 x 26’) on three continents. LadyBug is a co-production from French animation companies Zagtoon and Method Animation with Japan’s Toei Animation. International partners on the series include SAMG Animation and SK Broadband in Korea, AB International as French co-producer and co-distributor, and its leading commissioner in France, TF1.
New distribution deals for LadyBug include Gloob, a Globosat’s channel in Brazil; Télé-Québec in Canada and ABC in Australia. The series will be launched during the second quarter of 2015 and has now been sold in six continents.
LadyBug follows the story of Marinette and Adrien, Parisian junior high school students with a big secret – they’re superheroes. Using magical powers, they transform into the bickering duo Ladybug and Cat Noir. But neither knows the other’s true identity, so Marinette has no idea that her school crush, Adrien, is Cat Noir. And Cat Noir has no idea that his crush, Ladybug, is really Marinette. They have been chosen to save Paris from the mysterious evil villain Hawk Moth who wants their magical powers for himself. Marinette has to juggle her two identities: saving Paris as Ladybug and winning Adrien’s heart as Marinette.
“Since becoming the top show at Mip Jr last fall, interest in LadyBug has been huge,” said Philippe Soutter, president of PGS Entertainment. “It brings such a unique twist to the superhero genre with a modern-girl, central character who is in sync with kids’ and teens’ lives today. We are confident LadyBug will be the next girl superhero.”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 100 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 62 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 39 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020