Beijing – After only eight weeks since its premiere, Metan Development Group’s hit web series Modern Life has surpassed 40 million views on top online platforms Tudou, iQiyi and Tencent combined. With 12 episodes debuting over a six-week period, the series ranked as the third most ever viewed webisode on Tudou, receiving the most viewer comments.
Modern Life chronicles the story of four upwardly mobile young people living as roommates and neighbours, none of whom have nine-to-five jobs. Their belief is that since everything can be done at home, what’s the point of going out to work?
Lead character Jerry is an entrepreneur who opened his own restaurant, but failed just two months after opening. He is forced to live in his restaurant and invites his best friends video DJ Sean and IT genius Andy to move in to help share in the costs. Vivian is their next door neighbour who runs her own art gallery.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 66 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 33 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020