Petaling Jaya – The 2013 feature film KIL received its Latin American premiere when it competed at the International Fantastic Film Festival of Porto Alegre 2014 (Fantaspoa 2014). The film, co-produced by Grand Brilliance and Flux Visual Lab and presented by Primeworks Studios, represented Malaysia in the Panorama competition section and was screened on May 15 and May 17.
In the Panorama competition, a section exhibiting films with thought-provoking themes, KIL was in the running against 10 other critically-acclaimed films including the Canadian comedy-drama The Dirties, and Slovenian film Feed Me With Your Words by director Martin Turk. The award winners were announced as the festival drew to a close on May 25, of which the Best Film in the Panorama section was clinched by the Kazakh-German-French co-productionHarmony Lessons.
Fantaspoa is the first festival in Brazil dedicated to fantastic films, comprising of science fiction, fantasy and horror genres. KIL’s participation at this largest fantastic film festival in Latin America was all the more meaningful as this year marked the festival’s tenth anniversary, with a programme comprising of more than 150 films over its 17-day run.
Earlier this year in April, KIL was also the sole Malaysian production to join the programme line-up at the Southeast Asian Film Festival 2014. The film was screened to a full house on April 13 at the Singapore Art Museum. The film festival included 20 film screenings of the most compelling cinematic work emerging from Southeast Asia, and ran from April 11 to May 4.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 82 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 78 views | posted on March 4, 2021
- Medialink granted exclusive distribution rights to ‘TSUKIMICHI -Moonlight Fantasy-‘ and ‘Joran The Princess of Snow and Blood’ from Nippon TV in Asia territories excluding Korea 44 views | posted on March 8, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 38 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020