Petaling Jaya – The 2013 feature film KIL received its Latin American premiere when it competed at the International Fantastic Film Festival of Porto Alegre 2014 (Fantaspoa 2014). The film, co-produced by Grand Brilliance and Flux Visual Lab and presented by Primeworks Studios, represented Malaysia in the Panorama competition section and was screened on May 15 and May 17.
In the Panorama competition, a section exhibiting films with thought-provoking themes, KIL was in the running against 10 other critically-acclaimed films including the Canadian comedy-drama The Dirties, and Slovenian film Feed Me With Your Words by director Martin Turk. The award winners were announced as the festival drew to a close on May 25, of which the Best Film in the Panorama section was clinched by the Kazakh-German-French co-productionHarmony Lessons.
Fantaspoa is the first festival in Brazil dedicated to fantastic films, comprising of science fiction, fantasy and horror genres. KIL’s participation at this largest fantastic film festival in Latin America was all the more meaningful as this year marked the festival’s tenth anniversary, with a programme comprising of more than 150 films over its 17-day run.
Earlier this year in April, KIL was also the sole Malaysian production to join the programme line-up at the Southeast Asian Film Festival 2014. The film was screened to a full house on April 13 at the Singapore Art Museum. The film festival included 20 film screenings of the most compelling cinematic work emerging from Southeast Asia, and ran from April 11 to May 4.
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 68 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 60 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 51 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 49 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020