FremantleMedia International enters LA Screenings with new programming
Burbank – FremantleMedia International (FMI) is heading into LA Screenings with numerous new sales throughout the Latin American region, as well as a host of new programmes and formats available for U.S. and Latin American buyers.
“We’re kicking off LA Screenings with one of our broadest portfolios to date,” said Sheila Aguirre, Senior Vice President, Sales and Development Latin America, Caribbean and Hispanic USA, FremantleMedia International. “Combined with our vast sales throughout the region, FremantleMedia International remains a key player in the Latin American TV market.”
Known for creating some of the most successful global formats in television, FMI has closed several deals across Latin America. Hitting another high note is the singing competition, The X Factor. The UK version of the hit show has been sold to pan-regional (Sony Pictures Television Networks in Latin America), Trinidad (CNC3) and Suriname (SCCN).
The Got Talent format, which was recently named by Guinness World Records as the most successful reality TV format, will continue strong with Chilevision entering into its fifth season and Ecuavisa in Ecuador signing up for a third season. In addition, the upcoming season 9 of America’s Got Talent has also been sold to Sony Pictures Television Networks in Latin America and CNC3 in Trinidad.
America’s Got Talent
The original music show phenomenon Idols, co-owned by FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment, will continue to grow throughout the region with RCN in Colombia launching its first season of the hit global format in spring 2014. A local version will also be created for Channel 13 in Paraguay.
In addition, celebrity impersonation is the name of the game as the fifth season of My Name Is heads to Chile on Canal 13.
FMI’s game show properties will also provide entertainment to the region, with the sale of 100 Latinos, the U.S. Hispanic version of Family Feud, to Televisa in Mexico, pan-regional Mundo FOX in LatAm, and Telerama in Ecuador.
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 566 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 129 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 113 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 100 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020