FremantleMedia International enters LA Screenings with new programming
Burbank – FremantleMedia International (FMI) is heading into LA Screenings with numerous new sales throughout the Latin American region, as well as a host of new programmes and formats available for U.S. and Latin American buyers.
“We’re kicking off LA Screenings with one of our broadest portfolios to date,” said Sheila Aguirre, Senior Vice President, Sales and Development Latin America, Caribbean and Hispanic USA, FremantleMedia International. “Combined with our vast sales throughout the region, FremantleMedia International remains a key player in the Latin American TV market.”
Known for creating some of the most successful global formats in television, FMI has closed several deals across Latin America. Hitting another high note is the singing competition, The X Factor. The UK version of the hit show has been sold to pan-regional (Sony Pictures Television Networks in Latin America), Trinidad (CNC3) and Suriname (SCCN).
The Got Talent format, which was recently named by Guinness World Records as the most successful reality TV format, will continue strong with Chilevision entering into its fifth season and Ecuavisa in Ecuador signing up for a third season. In addition, the upcoming season 9 of America’s Got Talent has also been sold to Sony Pictures Television Networks in Latin America and CNC3 in Trinidad.
America’s Got Talent
The original music show phenomenon Idols, co-owned by FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment, will continue to grow throughout the region with RCN in Colombia launching its first season of the hit global format in spring 2014. A local version will also be created for Channel 13 in Paraguay.
In addition, celebrity impersonation is the name of the game as the fifth season of My Name Is heads to Chile on Canal 13.
FMI’s game show properties will also provide entertainment to the region, with the sale of 100 Latinos, the U.S. Hispanic version of Family Feud, to Televisa in Mexico, pan-regional Mundo FOX in LatAm, and Telerama in Ecuador.
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Reed Exhibitions announces leadership change at Reed MIDEM 34 views | posted on September 29, 2020
- GoQuest Media signs international distribution rights for ‘Rats’ 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020