FIC secures international rights for “Wayward Pines”
Singapore – FOX International Channels (FIC), FOX Broadcasting Company and FX Productions have locked in an international partnership on M. Night Shyamalan’s new suspense-filled 10-episode event thriller, Wayward Pines. FIC will control all rights outside of the U.S. to be the exclusive first-window broadcaster in its 125-country network as well as the exclusive international sales arm.
Wayward Pines joins the ranks of The Walking Dead, The Bridge, the upcoming Outcast and other original development and global ownership deals FIC has closed recently in its pursuit of wholly-owned and controlled content. For the first time FIC has also assumed direct sales responsibility for all international television windows, non-linear and home entertainment rights. Simon Thomas, FIC’s London-based Executive Vice-President of Content Sales, will oversee all international third party deals.
Set to premiere on FOX globally during the 2014/15 broadcast season, Wayward Pines, starring Academy Award nominee Matt Dillon, will follow the day and date release strategy currently practised by FIC to deliver original content promptly to viewers worldwide.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 47 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020