BBC Worldwide appoints new Head of Brand and Global Campaigns
As part of its strategy to build the BBC brand internationally, BBC Worldwide, the BBC’s main commercial arm, announced on May 1 the appointment of Sara Holt to a newly created role, Head of Brand and Global Campaigns reporting to Tom Lucas, Director of BBC Brand and Branded Services.
Holt, who was named on May 1 by Marketing Week as one of the inaugural vision 100 of the most visionary client-side marketers in the UK at the moment, has joined BBC Worldwide to manage the global launch strategy for the company’s three new genre brands BBC First, BBC Brit and BBC Earth, and oversee the global brand strategy for the BBC masterbrand.
Holt joins from Hailo where as Head of Marketing for the UK she led the development of marketing and communications for the start-up technology company. In this role Holt was responsible for building a team of marketers and agency partners to deliver marketing for this new technology brand and the brand is currently nominated for the brand launch of the year in the Marketing Society Awards.
Prior to Hailo, Holt’s track record has seen her create award winning campaigns as Marketing Manager for UKTV where she led the factual portfolio rebrands launching Eden and Yesterday. Following UKTV Holt further built her media brand experience leading the marketing and brand strategy for some of the UK’s biggest commercial radio brands as Head of Marketing for Global Radio. In this role she managed the launch of Capital FM as a national radio station and oversaw the transformation of Capital FM into a multi-platform superbrand with the development of Capital TV and integration of Capital FM’s events with its social media platforms to drive deep social engagement, gaining one of the biggest social footprints for a UK brand.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 257 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 80 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 76 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 70 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021