BBC World News expands its availability around the world
A year on from its re-launch, the BBC’s global 24 hour news channel BBC World News brings its high quality, impartial news to a wider audience than ever before. BBC World News is now available in 380 million homes, 178 cruise ships, 53 airlines and in over 2 million hotel rooms, making it a go-to news destination for travellers keen to keep up to date with the headlines from around the globe – wherever they are and whenever they want it.
Research shows that 86% of the affluent population think it’s important to stay in touch with what’s going on in the world and almost half of BBC World News viewers maintain full contact with international news whilst away. Over a quarter of BBC World News viewers in the USA have taken a cruise in the last three years and more than one in six plan to do so in the next 12 months.
With journalists in more countries than any other international news broadcaster, the BBC brings unrivalled depth and insight to news from around the world. BBC World News will focus on Brazil in the build up to the World Cup with a range of features focusing on the country, its people, culture and economy.
BBC World News’ top quality journalism has been recognised at the highest levels and was awarded an Emmy and a Peabody Award for its outstanding continuing coverage of the Syrian conflict.
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020