Banijay Studios North America appoints new Chief Creative Officer
London – Banijay Group’s new production division Banijay Studios North America, led by former Endemol North America chairman and CEO David Goldberg, has made its first key hire, as Caroline Baumgard takes the Chief Creative Officer role. The announcement was made on May 27 by Goldberg, Banijay Group President and CEO, Banijay Studios North America to whom Baumgard will report. Baumgard will begin her new role effective immediately and will be based in the Los Angeles office.
Baumgard will reunite with Goldberg at Banijay Group’s recently formed Los Angeles based production division. Her key responsibilities will include developing original content for the company across multiple genres for the North American market, which will also roll out globally through Banijay Group’s growing production capabilities.
Baumgard joined Endemol USA in 2001, where she spearheaded all non-scripted development, including original idea generation and international format adaptation for the U.S. marketplace. Baumgard developed numerous shows during her tenure at Endemol USA, including the two-time Emmy award-winning series Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC), the hit competition series Wipeout (ABC) and Deal or No Deal (NBC). She also developed the out of the gate hit syndicated daytime series Steve Harvey (NBCU), which is heading into its third season.
Goldberg said, “For more than 12 years, Caroline’s skills and expertise in identifying and creating potential future hits were a key driving force in the growth of Endemol USA. I’m delighted to be able to work with Caroline to do it all over again with Banijay Studios North America. Her experience, contacts and creative instincts will play a vital role in the development of this exciting new company with the bi-product resulting in the creation of formats that will travel abroad and help fuel the growth of our global business.”
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 320 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020