Banijay Studios North America appoints new Chief Creative Officer
London – Banijay Group’s new production division Banijay Studios North America, led by former Endemol North America chairman and CEO David Goldberg, has made its first key hire, as Caroline Baumgard takes the Chief Creative Officer role. The announcement was made on May 27 by Goldberg, Banijay Group President and CEO, Banijay Studios North America to whom Baumgard will report. Baumgard will begin her new role effective immediately and will be based in the Los Angeles office.
Baumgard will reunite with Goldberg at Banijay Group’s recently formed Los Angeles based production division. Her key responsibilities will include developing original content for the company across multiple genres for the North American market, which will also roll out globally through Banijay Group’s growing production capabilities.
Baumgard joined Endemol USA in 2001, where she spearheaded all non-scripted development, including original idea generation and international format adaptation for the U.S. marketplace. Baumgard developed numerous shows during her tenure at Endemol USA, including the two-time Emmy award-winning series Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC), the hit competition series Wipeout (ABC) and Deal or No Deal (NBC). She also developed the out of the gate hit syndicated daytime series Steve Harvey (NBCU), which is heading into its third season.
Goldberg said, “For more than 12 years, Caroline’s skills and expertise in identifying and creating potential future hits were a key driving force in the growth of Endemol USA. I’m delighted to be able to work with Caroline to do it all over again with Banijay Studios North America. Her experience, contacts and creative instincts will play a vital role in the development of this exciting new company with the bi-product resulting in the creation of formats that will travel abroad and help fuel the growth of our global business.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 99 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 39 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 30 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 28 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020