London / Cannes – Zig Zag Productions announced it is remaking NTV’s hit game show format Ultimate Brain for CBBC on April 8.
The 10 x 30’ science series — originally a prime time game show hit for a family audience on Japan’s NTV — encourages intelligence, intuition and creative thinking skills. Ultimate Brain features a madcap, physical game show filmed in a giant brain-shaped studio and presented by Ultimate Brain’s quizmaster Dr Brain. On screen graphics explain the science element behind correct answers in the show as kids battle for the honour of becoming the Ultimate Brain.
Zig Zag acquired the UK rights for the format directly from NTV and also introduced the format to Eccho Rights, the distribution arm of global independent producers’ format alliance Sparks Network. The format has subsequently been licensed to TV channel Rossiya (Russia), producers Strix (Denmark) and Sputnik in Belgium. Zig Zag also retains the U.S. and Canadian rights to remake Ultimate Brain in those territories.
The deal marks the production company’s latest success with a Japanese physical game show format. Zig Zag recently partnered with the Yoshimoto agency, making game show format Time Out for regional broadcaster KTV as well as simultaneously shooting a UK version of the show. Zig Zag also optioned NTV’s physical game show format Exit in the U.S. and UK and which is now being made for U.S. cable net Syfy.
The deal is also Zig Zag’s latest children’s format commission, having recently sold 15 episodes of slow motion, physical game show Split/ Second to Viacom channel Nickelodeon.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 43 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 33 views | posted on September 22, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020