NBCU announces original video programming initiative
New York – NBCUniversal announced on April 15 the launch of a robust, original video programming initiative that will be promoted across the company’s unique portfolio of television networks and featured on its extensive collection of digital platforms as well as on national video-on-demand.
Debuting first on various digital platforms including channel websites, Hulu and video-on-demand, this companywide initiative is designed to connect advertising brands with consumers in the most engaging and immersive ways. In many cases, the development of these digital series will be in direct collaboration with advertising partners.
“This original, digital-first programming, scaled with the unmatched resources of our company and our production partners, underscores the unparalleled opportunities we can create,” said Linda Yaccarino, President, Advertising Sales, NBCUniversal. “The combination of digital video alongside television content is extremely powerful and becoming an increasingly important part of the connection advertisers make with consumers. We want to offer our partners the unique ability to harness the power of our creative assets along with our distribution capabilities including the video-on-demand platform like no other company can do.”
NBCUniversal’s creative teams from across its portfolio of cable entertainment and broadcast networks as well as its Creative Innovation Agency will work closely with top production teams from around the industry to create high quality programming for the vast number of viewers who frequent its digital platforms every day.
“Much of the uncaptured value in the online world can be unlocked with smart collaborations between creators and clients. This year, we’re making a big push to building that bridge,” said Jeff Wachtel, President and Chief Content Officer, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment.
Universal Cable Productions (UCP) will unveil more than a dozen scalable, original digital video projects including new series Tesla and Twain and Last Single Girl. UCP is also developing additional original series in collaboration with 72 and Sunny Productions.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 66 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020