MIPTV: VICE and FremantleMedia launch Munchies channel
Cannes – VICE Media and FremantleMedia launched their joint food venture Munchies in beta on April 7. Named after VICE’s existing flagship food show, Munchies is a new, video-driven online channel that combines VICE’s preeminent online video content with FremantleMedia’s global reach and world class production capabilities.
Munchies will showcase the best in original food content and programming, chronicling the broad spectrum of the global culinary experience and the diverse voices that are pulling it forward: chefs and home cooks, makers and consumers, the politics and policies of food, “front” and “back of house” restaurant life, old wives tales, innovative news, and culturally significant indicators in our modern world. Through original video content, editorial features, articles, how-to’s, recipes and events, Munchies will offer a signature perspective on the intersection where humans and food connect and will provide an antidote to the mounds of tired, anachronistic celebrity chef and cook-off shows which simply do not engage millennial audiences.
A total of five titles were unveiled at MIPTV for the Munchies vertical (www.munchies.tv) which is now live in beta, with more content forthcoming throughout the month. Munchies will be taking adventurous viewers into places unknown and heading to the kitchens and restaurants of some of the world’s most renowned chefs and gastro-personalities like Daniel Patterson, Matt Orlando, Danny Bowien, and Rosio Sanchez in addition to the most unlikely culinary beacons such as rapper Action Bronson and hardcore scene music legend John Joseph.
Titles include: Being Frank, Munchies: Chef’s Night Out, Fresh Off The Boat, Girl Eats Food, and F*ck, That’s Delicious.
Munchies: Chef’s Night Out: VICE’s answer to the glut of sleepy food shows. Munchies profiles chefs when they hit the town to enjoy a night of boisterous eating and drinking at their favourite restaurants and bars. You’ll understand chefs in a way that you’ve never seen before, get an insider’s guide to the best restaurants and bars around the world, and witness them return to the kitchen to cook up late-night snacks after a long evening of drinking. This season, Munchies goes global as we head to Paris, London, Berlin, Montreal, San Francisco, New Orleans and New York with award-winning chefs like Daniel Patterson, Inaki Aizpitarte, Callie Spear, and Michael Schwartz.
Fresh Off The Boat: Food travel shows are only as interesting as their host, and Eddie Huang is VICE’s critically-acclaimed beacon of genre-bending content. Florida-born, Taiwanese-American, retired lawyer, hip-hop aficionado, and pork bun proprietor, Eddie dives deep into dissecting social issues that lie beneath the surface of the universal language of food. For the third season of Fresh Off The Boat, Eddie goes domestic to explore what it means to have freedom and individuality in contemporary America by visiting places like the Florida Panhandle, Northern California, and New Mexico.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 79 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 56 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 53 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 53 views | posted on March 1, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020