MIPTV: VICE and FremantleMedia launch Munchies channel
Cannes – VICE Media and FremantleMedia launched their joint food venture Munchies in beta on April 7. Named after VICE’s existing flagship food show, Munchies is a new, video-driven online channel that combines VICE’s preeminent online video content with FremantleMedia’s global reach and world class production capabilities.
Munchies will showcase the best in original food content and programming, chronicling the broad spectrum of the global culinary experience and the diverse voices that are pulling it forward: chefs and home cooks, makers and consumers, the politics and policies of food, “front” and “back of house” restaurant life, old wives tales, innovative news, and culturally significant indicators in our modern world. Through original video content, editorial features, articles, how-to’s, recipes and events, Munchies will offer a signature perspective on the intersection where humans and food connect and will provide an antidote to the mounds of tired, anachronistic celebrity chef and cook-off shows which simply do not engage millennial audiences.
A total of five titles were unveiled at MIPTV for the Munchies vertical (www.munchies.tv) which is now live in beta, with more content forthcoming throughout the month. Munchies will be taking adventurous viewers into places unknown and heading to the kitchens and restaurants of some of the world’s most renowned chefs and gastro-personalities like Daniel Patterson, Matt Orlando, Danny Bowien, and Rosio Sanchez in addition to the most unlikely culinary beacons such as rapper Action Bronson and hardcore scene music legend John Joseph.
Titles include: Being Frank, Munchies: Chef’s Night Out, Fresh Off The Boat, Girl Eats Food, and F*ck, That’s Delicious.
Munchies: Chef’s Night Out: VICE’s answer to the glut of sleepy food shows. Munchies profiles chefs when they hit the town to enjoy a night of boisterous eating and drinking at their favourite restaurants and bars. You’ll understand chefs in a way that you’ve never seen before, get an insider’s guide to the best restaurants and bars around the world, and witness them return to the kitchen to cook up late-night snacks after a long evening of drinking. This season, Munchies goes global as we head to Paris, London, Berlin, Montreal, San Francisco, New Orleans and New York with award-winning chefs like Daniel Patterson, Inaki Aizpitarte, Callie Spear, and Michael Schwartz.
Fresh Off The Boat: Food travel shows are only as interesting as their host, and Eddie Huang is VICE’s critically-acclaimed beacon of genre-bending content. Florida-born, Taiwanese-American, retired lawyer, hip-hop aficionado, and pork bun proprietor, Eddie dives deep into dissecting social issues that lie beneath the surface of the universal language of food. For the third season of Fresh Off The Boat, Eddie goes domestic to explore what it means to have freedom and individuality in contemporary America by visiting places like the Florida Panhandle, Northern California, and New Mexico.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 85 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 75 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 72 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Silvergate Media prepares to launch season two of award-winning animated series ‘Hilda’ 50 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020