MIPTV: Pokémon expands animation offerings and global reach
Cannes – The Pokémon Company International kicked off MIPTV by announcing its newest feature-length animated film, Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction, which is now available for license. The movie features Ash and Pikachu, plus other classic Pokémon as well as those making their animation debut from the blockbuster Pokémon X and Pokémon Y video games. With more broadcast and VOD partners signed, brand-new TV animation in homes, and the new movie on the horizon, 2014 promises to be a strong year for Pokémon animation.
Pokémon’s expanded VOD offerings include deals with Netflix and Hulu. Fans in all Netflix territories have enjoyed classic Pokémon seasons and movies since content launched in March, and fan favourite Pokémon animation also debuted on Hulu in the U.S. in February. The Netflix and Hulu deals come after The Pokémon Company International launched the Pokémon TV application for iOS and Android devices in 2013.
Fans in Russia will once again enjoy their favourite animated episodes, as Pokémon and Russian free-to-air broadcaster 2X2 recently signed a deal to begin airing Pokémon the Series: XY this September. The season, which is already airing in numerous markets around the world, brings the total number of Pokémon episodes to nearly 800. 2X2 joins European partners including CITV in the UK, Gulli in France, K2 in Italy, YEP! in Germany, Clan TV in Spain, TV4 in Sweden, TV2 in Norway, VT4 and Club RTL in Belgium, and Disney XD in markets across Europe. Other broadcast partners are Cartoon Network in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America; Eleven in Australia; etv in South Africa; and YTV in Canada.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 98 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 77 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 61 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 49 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020