MIPTV: ITV Studios sells 500 hours across China and Thailand
Cannes – ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE) has signed a raft of programming deals totalling more than 500 hours with digital platforms and TV broadcasters across China and Thailand.
ITVS GE has signed a multi-year drama output deal with Tencent, a provider of comprehensive Internet services in China. The agreement sees ITVS GE providing over 100 hours annually of its market-leading drama content, including titles such as the Golden Globe award-winning Dancing on the Edge and recent series of Endeavour, Murdoch Mysteries and Miranda.
Chinese VOD service Sohu has acquired the critically acclaimed U.S. drama Rectify, which follows a man released from jail after serving 19 years on Georgia’s Death Row, before DNA evidence disputed the state’s original case.
Also in China, ITVS GE has inked a multi-year output deal with Shanghai Media Group, which sees the broadcaster acquiring 120 hours of programming annually across a range of genres to air on International Channel Shanghai. Titles include Cook Me The Money and recent series of Hell’s Kitchen USA, 60 Minute Makeover UK and Dancing On Ice UK.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 90 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 50 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 34 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020