“Majalah 3” documentary wins MPI-Petronas Journalism Award
Petaling Jaya – TV3’s documentary Majalah 3: Penyelamat Khazanah Sabah, produced by Primeworks Studios, was honoured with the Best Video Documentary award at the 2014 Malaysian Journalists Night. The ceremony was held on the evening of April 18 at One World Hotel, Petaling Jaya. The Best Video Documentary award recipients, producer, Irin Putri Azmi, and cinematographer, Jebat M. Roseli, won a total of RM 15,000.
Since its first broadcast in 1985 on TV3, Majalah 3 continues to be one of the highest-rated magazine-documentary series in Malaysia. The programme delves deep to showcase unique new stories to its viewers, whether it is a take on a popular current affairs issue or lesser-known local and international issues.
In Penyelamat Khazanah Sabah, Irin Putri Azmi explores deep within the heart of Sabah with the state’s Wildlife Rescue Unit (WRU) to witness the relocation efforts of wildlife that have lost their natural habitat to urbanisation. The documentary was lauded by the jury for its information-packed delivery and captivating visuals, viewed as vital components in effective content presentation.
Primeworks’ documentaries occupy all Top 3 nomination spots for Best Video Documentary; The Breakfast Show: Hope Amidst the Rubble (ntv7) provides a first-hand look into the struggles and sufferings faced in war-stricken Gaza, while women’s programme Nona: Kasihku di Bumi Gaza (TV3) showcases the strength of Palestinian women in dealing with the devastating effects of war.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 90 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 50 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 34 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020