London – Kantar Media announced the acquisition of The Data Republic, a specialist social TV analytics agency, on April 2. The acquisition will build on the company’s activities in audience measurement and insight in over 60 markets.
It follows the enhanced global partnership between Kantar and Twitter announced on March 31 expanding the provision of Kantar Media’s social TV planning and analytics from its current base in the UK and Spain to include the Nordics, Russia as well as parts of Africa and Southeast Asia.
Founded in 2011 in Barcelona, The Data Republic has developed a proprietary platform and suite of tools for monitoring and analysing real-time data across social media. Kantar Media’s clients will gain access to The Data Republic’s proprietary services including “Tuitele”, a tool which delivers curation and analysis of social media conversations around TV shows and commercials; delivering insights for media planning, audience research and commissioning. It closely follows the recent acquisition of Fisheye Analytics, a Singapore-based start-up providing social media listening. Both acquisitions continue Kantar Media’s commitment to strengthening capabilities in the converging paid, owned and earned media landscape.
Commenting on the acquisition Andy Brown, Global CEO of Kantar Media said: “The level of social media buzz related to TV shows and commercials continues to grow. Whilst electronic TV measurement continues to be the recognised currency for TV viewing around the world, the need to better understand and amplify the social engagement around programming and advertising has never been greater.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.4k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 527 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 115 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 92 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021