CJ E&M’s “Emergency Couple” sold to nine countries
Seoul, Korea – CJ E&M announced on April 7 that its hit romantic comedy drama Emergency Couple has been sold to nine countries in North America and Asia including the U.S., China, Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar, and Cambodia. Underscoring the high overseas interest in the show, the sales were completed before airing of the drama’s final episode in Korea. Negotiations are currently ongoing with six additional countries in Southeast Asia, Europe, and South America.
Emergency Couple tells the comedic story of a divorced couple who meet again in an emergency room as medical interns six years after their break-up. Broadcast in Korea on CJ E&M’s general entertainment channel tvN, the drama maintained top ratings among pay-TV channels in its weekend evening time slot, with the final episode airing on April 5. CJ E&M’s Southeast Asia broadcasting network, channel M, will begin airing the drama on April 21.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 52 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 47 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 41 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020