Seoul, Korea – CJ E&M has launched the new reality show Share House on its specialised food lifestyle channel O’live. Over 12 episodes, nine celebrity singles from different backgrounds will get to know each other, forge bonds, and grow to become like family as they live and eat together in a chic, stylish shared house in the suburbs of Seoul.
With singles accounting for a quarter of total households in Korea in 2012 according to the Korean Statistical Information Service, TV shows portraying the challenges of single life, such as the loneliness and discomfort of dining out alone, have become rapidly popular in the country. For example, in a show largely attributed as starting the trend, CJ E&M’s drama Let’s Eat, produced and aired on tvN, won the hearts of single viewers across the nation with its depictions of apartment-dwelling singles connecting with neighbours over food. Food lifestyle channel O’live also recently introduced the popular show Grocery Guidebook which offers singles practical tips on how to select grocery items at the market as well as cook retort pouch food.
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Reed Exhibitions announces leadership change at Reed MIDEM 34 views | posted on September 29, 2020
- GoQuest Media signs international distribution rights for ‘Rats’ 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020