Kuala Lumpur – Astro Malaysia Holdings Berhad (Astro) announced its results for the financial year ended January 31, 2014 on March 31. During the last 12 months, the Company achieved double digit growth; with revenue increasing by 12% from RM4.3bn to RM4.8bn, while EBITDA rose 16% from RM1.4bn to RM1.6bn.
Tun Zaki Azmi, Chairman of Astro said, “The Company has executed strongly on its growth strategies and maintained its strong cash generation capabilities. We continue to deliver on our commitment of a progressive dividend policy, having paid three interim dividends of 2.0 sen per share. The Board of Directors is pleased to declare a fourth interim dividend of 2.0 sen per share and to propose a final dividend of 1.0 sen per share, subject to shareholders’ approval. This brings the total dividend for the year to 9.0 sen per share.”
Dato’ Rohana Rozhan, Chief Executive Officer of Astro said, “We have delivered four consecutive quarters of double digit revenue growth in FY14, underpinned by expansion of our customer base, higher take-up of value added products and services, as well as industry leading Adex growth. During the year, we successfully grew our total customer base by 400k to 3.9mn, which translates to 56% Malaysian TV household penetration. We have now completed the swap-out of our Pay-TV customers onto the Astro B.yond platform, and it is highly encouraging to see that our customers are increasingly taking up our product, value and service propositions; for example HD, PVR, VOD and AOTG. This is how we have been able to grow ARPU from RM93.2 to RM96.0. It has also been pleasing to see continued strong demand for our signature content offerings; which has resulted in 15 shows exceeding the 1 million viewership mark this year, and which has been enhanced by an additional 12 channels, 7 of which are in HD.”
In addition, Astro registered a robust 15% growth in Adex to RM582mn, from RM504mn a year earlier, largely contributed by increasing penetration of Malaysian households, strong TV viewership share and radio listenership. Share of TV viewership increased to 47%, up from 43% in FY13, whilst Astro’s radio listenership of 12.2mn reflected its leading position as the No.1 radio station in the Malay, English, Chinese and Tamil languages according to Nielsen Radio Audience Measurement survey results.
Customer demand in Q4FY14 was strong across the board with healthy growth recorded across all product segments. Q4FY14 saw Pay-TV customers increasing by 40k to 3.44mn (Q3FY14: 3.40mn) and NJOI customers rising by 60k to 442k (Q3FY14: 382k), bringing Astro’s total customer base to 3.9mn, i.e. 56% (Q3FY14: 55%) of Malaysian TV households. The number of customers on the Astro B.yond platform continued its upward trend, increasing by 176k to 2.9mn (Q3FY14: 2.7mn), representing 84% (Q3FY14: 80%) of Pay-TV customers.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 265 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 79 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 71 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021