AMC/Sundance Channel Global to acquire German pay-TV channel
New York, NY / Frankfurt, Germany – AMC/Sundance Channel Global, a division of AMC Networks Inc., has reached an agreement to acquire KinoweltTV, a basic pay-TV channel distributed throughout Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The 24/7 linear network airs a high quality array of classic and contemporary films. The acquisition expands AMC/Sundance Channel Global’s European presence with full distribution across all platforms in German speaking Europe. The transaction is subject to the satisfaction of certain closing conditions, including regulatory approval.
Bruce Tuchman, President of AMC/Sundance Channel Global and MGM Channel Global, stated, “The acquisition of KinoweltTV is an important moment for AMC/Sundance Channel Global as it increases its international footprint and provides widespread distribution across all major platforms throughout German speaking Europe. KinoweltTV’s high quality critically acclaimed films complement Sundance Channel’s distinctive programming and we expect this acquisition will fit perfectly into our portfolio.”
KinoweltTV’s existing management will join the AMC/Sundance Channel Global team which is led by Bruce Tuchman. Achim Apell will continue to be KinoweltTV’s Managing Director.
Achim Apell, KinoweltTV’s Managing Director stated, “AMC/Sundance Channel Global has developed worldwide recognition for its great programming and record expansion; our team is thrilled to be joining their team. We are convinced that our audience as well as our distribution partners will benefit from the effects caused by this acquisition and that after ten successful years of broadcast we’ve chosen the best possible international partner to take our business to the next level.”
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020