London – U.K. independent distributor Hat Trick International has shipped its new scripted comedy format The Kumars to Turkey, as Star TV commissions a six episode series for local primetime audiences.
Based on the new Hat Trick and Avatar Productions’ series The Kumars, which recently debuted on Sky 1 HD in the U.K., the format is produced for Turkey by Yirmibes Film and will launch on March 8 on Star TV. The series, known locally as Kim O, features a Turkish family who host their own talk show in their own home, welcoming a roster of local and international celebrities.
The deal comes ahead of MIPTV, where Hat Trick International will debut scripted format rights for The Kumars, as well as the finished show, to the global market. The format is based on the U.K. series starring Sanjeev Bhaskar and Meera Syal, which marks the return of one of television’s most loved families from the original The Kumars at No. 42, winner of two International Emmy Awards and a British Comedy Award and nominee for four BAFTAs.
- Malaysian adaptation of ABS-CBN drama is most-watched show on Astro Prima Channel in 2020 142 views | posted on May 3, 2021
- Disney+ Singapore expands Star content offering, adds more R21 movies and TV series 103 views | posted on May 3, 2021
- Crash landing on connected TV 97 views | posted on May 3, 2021
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020