London – U.K. independent distributor Hat Trick International has shipped its new scripted comedy format The Kumars to Turkey, as Star TV commissions a six episode series for local primetime audiences.
Based on the new Hat Trick and Avatar Productions’ series The Kumars, which recently debuted on Sky 1 HD in the U.K., the format is produced for Turkey by Yirmibes Film and will launch on March 8 on Star TV. The series, known locally as Kim O, features a Turkish family who host their own talk show in their own home, welcoming a roster of local and international celebrities.
The deal comes ahead of MIPTV, where Hat Trick International will debut scripted format rights for The Kumars, as well as the finished show, to the global market. The format is based on the U.K. series starring Sanjeev Bhaskar and Meera Syal, which marks the return of one of television’s most loved families from the original The Kumars at No. 42, winner of two International Emmy Awards and a British Comedy Award and nominee for four BAFTAs.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 179 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 166 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 140 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 104 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021