MIPTV: Pilot Productions announces its latest production
London – Pilot Productions, the producer of world-renowned travel and adventure programming, will be unveiling its latest production Tough Trains (6 x 52’) to buyers at MIPTV 2014.
Produced in high definition, Tough Trains takes viewers on some of the most epic and hard-core train journeys on the planet. Journeys such as the awesome and wild ride from the East coast of Africa to the West; the ambitious South American expedition from Corumba, Brazil (reputed to be a centre for smuggling and drug trafficking) on board the ‘Dead Train’ to the dusty frontier town of Santa Cruz, Bolivia; and to India where railways are not just a means of transport — they are a way of life carrying eleven million passengers every day.
Each episode offers memorable rail journeys to some of the world’s most remote destinations. Trips that should take hours often take days, nights that should be spent in towns are spent on board, interminable delays, lack of timetables, incredible bribery escapes are all experiences from memorable rail journeys on some of the world’s most off-the-beaten-path destinations.
The series, currently in production, has already been sold to Travel Channel International and Voyage, France. Episodes include “From The Pantanal to the Pacific Coast”, “Africa’s Copper Trains”, “Ice Trains of Russia”, “India’s Most Crowded Trains”, “Vietnam: Disunity on the Reunification Express” and “Hard Trains of Madagascar”.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 115 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 44 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 43 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020