Zodiak Rights, the distribution arm of Zodiak Media, has announced a raft of deals in Scandinavia for The Returned, the 8 x 60’ 2013 International EMMY® winner hit drama series, produced by Haut et Court TV for CANAL+ Original Creation.
Public channels YLE in Finland and NRK in Norway have acquired The Returned, the series described as “one of the most intriguing, utterly original offerings of the year” by The Hollywood Reporter. In Iceland, the series was acquired by the national broadcaster RUV.
These deals come in addition to those previously inked in Sweden, where SVT was among the very first broadcasters to acquire the series, even before its groundbreaking success in France on CANAL+, in the U.K. on Channel 4, and in the U.S. on SundanceTV.
The Returned has been a huge hit in France where it is known as Les Revenants. In the U.K., the series described as “Best drama of the year” by The Sunday Times and the Observer became the highest rated subtitled drama in the U.K. since 2006, attracting an average audience of 1.8 million viewers in its prime time slot on Channel 4.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 80 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 43 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020