Quickflix Limited (ASX: QFX) announced on February 17 that it has entered into agreements with The Walt Disney Company Australia, NBC Universal and BBC Worldwide ANZ to license popular and award-winning TV series programming for its streaming service.
Content licensed under these new agreements include seasons of Emmy® Award-winning drama series Downton Abbey, Golden Globe® Award-winning U.S. comedy series Parks and Recreation, BAFTA-winning Mrs Brown’s Boys and other series from NBC Universal; drama series Revenge and Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and other series from Disney/ABC Television Group; and hit series Sherlock, Orphan Black and Doctor Who and many other series from BBC Worldwide ANZ.
The TV series content will be made available through the Quickflix pay-per-episode service and on a “Season Pass” basis, where available, adding hundreds of hours of additional premium viewing. Quickflix has also renewed its commitment with BBC Worldwide ANZ under a multi-year deal to license quality drama content for its subscription streaming service.
Commenting on the new TV programming, Quickflix CEO Stephen Langsford said: “We are delighted to be entering these new content deals adding to our existing deals with major Hollywood studios and networks such as HBO. The content will service increasing demand from our existing customers and attract new customers to Quickflix.”
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 234 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 168 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 75 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021