Los Angeles – Beginning March 1, 2014, Metan Development Group (Metan)’s HOLLYWOOD channel, China’s first multi-channel network dedicated to the world of entertainment, will add Next Media Elite (NME)’s popular weekly entertainment news series PopStop TV and its Mandarin-language sister show Hollywood Now to its programming schedule. Additional, up-to-the-minute short form content from both programmes will also air daily, offering the latest entertainment and pop culture news to HOLLYWOOD’s viewers on the video-sharing site Tudou.
“PopStop TV and Hollywood Now are the perfect complement to our flagship series Hello! Hollywood,” said Gordon Chu, vice president, business development, Metan. “HOLLYWOOD is quickly becoming China’s go-to network to all things from the world of celebrity and pop culture, and is delivering on its promise to be the bridge between China and the Western entertainment world.”
Adam Levine on PopStop TV
PopStop TV and Hollywood Now will debut on HOLLYWOOD with exclusive red carpet coverage and interviews from the 2014 Film Independent Spirit Awards, plus a live feed from the official press room. Each show will also produce special segments from both the 2014 Spirit and Academy Awards, including Fashion Recap: Best & Worst Dressed, Wins, Snubs and Surprises and Top Social Media Moments of the Night. Throughout both awards shows, the NME editorial team will be live blogging on PopStopTV.com and interacting with their viewers via all social media platforms.
“We’re delighted to be joining the HOLLYWOOD Channel,” commented XiXi Yang, co-founder of NME and executive producer of the series. “The channel provides a powerful way to reach the hundreds of millions of pop culture and entertainment fans in China, and PopStop TV and Hollywood Now will definitely have great appeal to the channel’s viewer base.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 73 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 42 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020