New York – Fashion One LLC, an international fashion, entertainment and lifestyle television broadcaster, has strengthened its hold overseas with the announcement on February 27 of ten new carriage agreements in nine countries.
In Southeast Asia, Fashion One began broadcasting a localised feed in Thai with pay TV operator TrueVisions in Thailand. The channel also announced the launch of the channel in BigTV, the latest entrant and one of the largest satellite pay TV operators in Indonesia.
Fashion One’s CEO, Ashley Jordan, said, “These agreements strengthen our position across five continents including, Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America. Our agreements with TrueVisions in Thailand, Orange TV in France, and with Belgacom TV and Telenet in Belgium, are major milestones in our expansion. This showcase our high quality, original content approach clearly appeals in these markets.”
Fashion One also secured a partnership with Sanoma Group’s Marie Claire and Feeling magazines to produce local content in Flemish for the local female audience about local fashion in the Belgium feed for Belgacom TV and Telenet. “The agreement with Sanoma is part of our considerable investment in local market. We look forward to apply the same model in different regions,” she added.
“We heavily invest in localisation. Fashion is ‘global’ but audiences want to receive programming that relates to their region, culture and unique style, and is in their native language,” said Jordan.
In South Africa, the network just renewed a multi-year deal with StarSat in South Africa, which receives the local African feed on the basic package, and the channel also announced their expansion into Latin America with the launch of their Spanish feed on Cablevision in Mexico.
Other agreements announced include Bulgaria, with VioRa Interactive; Poland, with Inea; Iceland through 365 Media; and DU TV+ in the United Arab Emirates.
The international television network caters to the worldwide female audience, covering the latest fashion, entertainment, and lifestyle news, profiles of A-list celebrities, luxury brands, holiday destinations and red carpet events. Fashion One also delivers a strong line-up of original programming from reality shows, documentaries, beauty tips and street styling.
Details of the new carriage agreements:
BigTV, the latest entrant and the largest satellite pay-TV operator in Indonesia that provides the most HD channels in the country, carries Fashion One in all basic packages. Operating more than 153 SD channels and 24 HD channels, Big TV covers the whole country.
TrueVisions, the country’s leading subscription-based television operator, signed a deal to carry Fashion One in HD with a dedicated Thai feed. The channel (channel number 146) is available on the New PlatinumHD, New GoldHD, New SuperFamily and New SuperKnowledge packages.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 82 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Medialink granted exclusive distribution rights to ‘TSUKIMICHI -Moonlight Fantasy-‘ and ‘Joran The Princess of Snow and Blood’ from Nippon TV in Asia territories excluding Korea 40 views | posted on March 8, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 37 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 37 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020