Seattle – Amazon launched its second set of series pilots exclusively on Prime Instant Video in the U.S. and LOVEFiLM in the UK on February 6.
Following a successful first pilot season that resulted in the critically-acclaimed Garry Trudeau series Alpha House — along with popular tech comedy Betas and the soon to premiere kids series Creative Galaxy, Tumble Leaf and Annedroids — Amazon Studios debuted a mix of 10 comedy, drama and kids original pilots on February 6 — all available for free. Customers are encouraged to watch and provide feedback on the pilots to help determine which shows should be made into series.
New to the pilot lineup this year are two hour-long drama pilots from notable creators Chris Carter (The X-Files), Eric Overmyer (The Wire, Treme) and Michael Connelly (Harry Bosch). Half-hour comedy pilots were created by Oscar nominated Roman Coppola (Moonrise Kingdom), actor and musician Jason Schwartzman (Saving Mr. Banks), Tony-nominated writer and director Alex Timbers, Oscar nominated Paul Weitz, Emmy nominated Jill Soloway (Six Feet Under), and executive producers Ice Cube and Michael Strahan. The diverse lineup features stars such as Gael Garcia Bernal, Golden Globe nominee Malcom McDowell, and Emmy nominated Jeffrey Tambor.
Kids shows come from award winning creators Duane Capizzi (Transformers Prime), Josh Selig (Wonder Pets), Angela Santomero (Blue’s Clues), Arland DiGirolamo (Sketchy) & Geoff Barbanell (Kickin’ It) as well as David Anaxagoras, discovered through Amazon Studios’ open-door submission process. These pilots include pre-school shows, and new this year, shows for kids ages 6-11.
(Watch the trailer for the pilots here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWoUZdBsKd4.)
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 110 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 41 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020