Los Angeles – Metan Development Group (Metan) has secured the exclusive distribution rights for theatrical, television and online for the hit documentary Linsanity, the life story of basketball sensation Jeremy Lin, for the territory of Mainland China. The documentary launched exclusively online on IQiyi, China’s leading advertiser supported online television and movie portal via its sub-brand PPS Video. After only two weeks, the film has garnered over four million views.
Directed by Evan Leong, Linsanity chronicles the meteoric rise of the basketball phenomenon beginning before his days at Harvard, from where he graduated with a degree in economics and played with the Golden State Warriors. The documentary, produced by 408 Films, DefyAgency, Arowana Films and Endgame Entertainment, debuted to rave reviews at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.
“Jeremy Lin’s inspirational story has a definite global appeal,” said Gordon Chu, Vice President of Business Development, Metan.“Of course, being the first American-born NBA player of either Chinese or Taiwan descent to achieve such incredible success in the NBA will be interest to his fans in China, as well as the incredible journey he took to reach his goals. We’re delighted to bring ‘Linsanity’ to audiences in Mainland China.”
He adds, “Jeremy Lin’s story is one that resonates and is relatable to everyone in China – old and young, male and female. It’s just a great story that everyone is passionate about.”
Producer Brian Yang comments, “When we started this project, Jeremy wasn’t even in the NBA. We didn’t know where we were going to wind up and now for us to be debuting the film in time for Chinese New Year in a country where hundreds of millions of basketball fans love him, it’s all very exciting.”
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- Synamedia report: Knockout blow for sports piracy requires incentives and deterrents 40 views | posted on October 27, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 40 views | posted on October 29, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020