Los Angeles, California – In response to growth in demand by Chinese audiences for Western celebrity and content spanning films, TV and online, Metan Development Group (Metan) announced the launch of HOLLYWOOD, the first channel in China dedicated to the world of entertainment, on the premier video sharing site Tudou.
Launching this January to Tudou’s 400 million users, HOLLYWOOD channel will create a bridge between the Hollywood creative community and China, appealing to young, educated, affluent Chinese consumers and their swiftly expanding interest in Western celebrities, movies, TV and Web series, fashion and pop culture.
Network channels include Today’s Hollywood News, Hollywood Sights, Behind the Scenes, Hollywood Interview, Movie Music, Parties and Premieres, Hollywood Style and Hello! Hollywood Talk Show.
“China is the world’s biggest online market and the fastest growing media landscape, with its movie industry expected to soon expand to twice the size of the US film market,” says Larry Namer, Metan’s President/ CEO. “When I started MovieTime, now E! Entertainment Television, our vision was to provide media companies, studios and celebrities with a direct pipeline into the millions of households of movie fans across America. We’re creating a modern version of this model for China through this collaboration with Tudou.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 73 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 42 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020