Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Media Prima Digital (MPD), the digital arm of Malaysian media conglomerate Media Prima Berhad (“Media Prima” Or “the Group”), has embarked on a new partnership with MCIL Multimedia Sdn. Bhd., a subsidiary of Sin Chew Media Corporation Berhad (under Media Chinese International Limited Group), to expand and enrich both parties’ digital advertising and content offerings.
The partnership was officiated through a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signing ceremony held at Media Prima Digital, Kuala Lumpur. This collaboration will see the largest digital media reach in the country between two digital media powerhouses.
(from L to R): Lam Swee Kim, Group General Manager, Media Prima Digital; Dato’ Zainul Ariffin, Chief Executive Officer, Media Prima Digital; Keu Tien Siong, Chief Executive Officer, MCIL Multimedia Sdn. Bhd. & Group ICT General Manager, Sin Chew Media Corporation Berhad; Lenny Chiah Len Fong, General Manager (Marketing), MCIL Multimedia Sdn Bhd
Media Prima Digital operates Tonton (www.tonton.com.my), a multiple award-winning Malaysian video portal with over 3.5 million registered users, offering online “catch-up” and “live” television services, as well as premium content. Additionally, MPD manages the Group’s television, print and radio networks web portals, as well as entertainment and lifestyle portal Gua (gua.com.my).
MCIL Multimedia operates the country’s leading Chinese news portals such as sinchew.com.my, guangming.com.my, nanyang.com, chinapress.com.my, English news site at www.mysinchew.com as well other portals such as mediachinese.com, soccerfanz.com.my, lifetv.com.my, newtide.com.my, myweddingmag.com.my, rodnline.com.my and mypets.com.my. With 3.4 million monthly unique visitors and 30 million monthly page views (Source: Google Analytics) across the portals, MCIL Multimedia enhances Media Chinese International Limited Group’s content via multimedia elements such video production, news report, photo galleries. These content are available on various platforms including mobile sites and applications.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 43 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 33 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020