IMG Media, a division of IMG Worldwide, the global sports, fashion and media company, has signed a three-year deal with the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) to distribute programming of the organisation’s coveted award ceremonies.
The deal, which begins in June 2014, will see IMG Media sell coverage of BAFTA’s four main events, led by the prestigious British Academy Film Awards. The other events are the British Academy Television Awards, the British Academy Games Awards and the British Academy Children’s Awards.
IMG Media will also distribute other BAFTA productions from its vast catalogue of programming. This includes a wide range of exclusive career interviews and lectures from the world’s leading creative practitioners such as Woody Allen, Oliver Stone, David Lynch, Ang Lee, Sir Kenneth Branagh, Martin Scorsese, Ralph Fiennes, Charlize Theron, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Dustin Hoffman and Sir Ben Kingsley.
Mark Young, SVP, Head of Entertainment Sales and Acquisitions Worldwide, IMG Media, said: “BAFTA has an outstanding reputation around the world and our role will be to expand the global reach and increase awareness of the different award programmes as well as helping to develop original content ideas that can help build BAFTA’s audience reach.
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 65 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 61 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 52 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 49 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020