According to The Standard, it reports that China Mobile Communications Corporation will launch an internal investigation on the internet deal that was recently completed with HKTV. The parent of China Mobile is investigating whether any rules had been broken for the deal.
The investigation will focus on whether HKTV has gone against any regulation of the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission, and any internal management rules.
The report mentions that a deal had already been completed with the mobile company and HKTV is looking to start creating content on the platform. The deal which is worth HK $142.2 million will allow HKTV to operate broadband TV channels using mobile network from July 2014 to August 2025. The broadcast service is also scheduled to air across the majority of Hong Kong.
In addition, HKTV plans to rehire some of its 300 staff who were previously fired after its licence rejection.
Tags #Asian content #asian content news #asian entertainment news #asian media news #asian streaming apps #Assets Supervision and Administration Commission #avod news #broadband TV #broadcaster news #China Mobile Communications Corporation #Co-Productions #Content Distribution #content news #entertainment news #format licensing #format sales #HKTV #k-drama news #media news #OTT news #pay-tv news #people and appointments #show distributor #show format #show genre
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 120 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 76 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 65 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021