BBC Worldwide has pre-sold two British dramas — Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond and Quirke — to a raft of broadcasters around the world ahead of their transmission in the UK.
Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond is a (4 x 45’) spy drama series starring Dominic Cooper and Lara Pulver, and has been pre-sold to twelve territories including France (ARTE), Australia (ABC), Canada (Showcase and BBC Canada), Portugal (ZON), Pan Nordics (HBO), Sweden (TV4), Denmark (DR), Norway (TV2), Belgium (VRT), Turkey (Sinema TV), Africa (BBC Africa) and Japan (WOWOW).
Quirke is a (3 x 90’)crime drama series adapted by screenwriters Andrew Davies and Conor McPherson. It has been licensed to five international broadcasters and will air in Germany (Degeto), Croatia (HRT), Denmark (Danmarks Radio), Iceland (RUV) and Slovenia (RTV).
Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond is an Ecosse Films production, commissioned by Sky and co-produced with BBC America. Dominic Cooper plays Ian Fleming, a charming, sophisticated maverick whose dilettanti, pleasure seeking life was turned around by WWII and ultimately led to the creation of the best known spy in the world.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 45 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020